Data In the New: Transforming Insurance
August 14, 2019
On Thursday, October 17, 2019, Tobin’s Center for Executive Education, in collaboration with the School of Risk Management, will be holding the third of its Insurtech-related thought leadership events, titled “Data In The New: Transforming Insurance.”
This important all-day conference will be held at St. John’s University Manhattan Campus, 101 Astor Place and will start with registration at 8:30 AM.
Speakers will include Splice Machine CEO Monte Zweben, who will discuss how insurance companies need to further embrace digital transformation and how they can leverage machine learning to optimize their marketing, compute rates and prevent fraud.
The program will be a mix of keynotes and panel discussions delivered by industry experts. Topics planned (subject to change) will include:
- Collecting and Interpreting New Data: New sources of data in the modern insurance organization – both internal and external sources, such as customer interaction data. This panel will also address data in an AI-driven business.
- How big data analytics will transform the effectiveness of the insurance value chain.
- The influence of new data: How are new data sources changing the business? How is new data positively changing the business? Negatively changing the business? Changing the business operations? Is your company an I/T-led firm?
- Leveraging the best: Ideas and solutions
- Driving change through analytics: Lessons learned.
- The regulatory perspective: Applications of new data science capabilities in assessing and pricing risk as insurance products are accessed by a broader population.
Additional topics and speakers are being identified, so stay tuned!
Attendees will also have numerous networking opportunities throughout the day.
The fee for the day is $195 and includes a light breakfast, lunch and a post-conference reception.Learn More and Register