Splice Machine Announces Version 1.5 of Hadoop RDBMS
October 20, 2015
It’s a good day here at Splice Machine. Today we announced the release of version 1.5 of the Hadoop RDBMS. After listening closely to our customers, prospects and partners, we have used their feedback to improve our solution. We’ve added multiple enterprise-ready features that enable businesses to confidently replace their traditional RDBMSs, such as Oracle® & MySQL™, with an affordable, scale-out alternative that delivers 5-10x greater performance at one fourth the cost.
Now, businesses can experience even greater benefits of using Splice Machine to power real-time applications, run operational data lakes, or accelerate their ETL pipelines.
So, what’s new with version 1.5? New features include:
- SQL Compliance
- Foreign Keys – Enables referential integrity between tables
- Triggers – Provides the ability to execute procedural code based on update, insert or delete actions
- BI Tool Compatibility (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy)
- Temporary Tables – Enables BI Tools to create temporary tables to perform operations on intermediate results
- SQL Functions – Deliver pre-built functions such as TOP N, LIMIT N, MONTHNAME, QUARTER, WEEK and NOW
- Incremental Backup – Provide recovery from data corruption by backing up data changed since last backup
- Window Functions – Provide FIRST, LAST, LEAD and LAG functions for advanced analytical queries
- Enhanced Statistics – Collect more granular statistics required to choose best query plan
- Cost-Based Optimizer Improvements – Improves ordering of table access, selection of query plans, index selection, join algorithm selection (e.g., broadcast join, merge join, merge sort join, batch nested loop join)
- Subquery Unrolling – Converts nested subqueries in joins, accelerating certain analytical queries by well over 1000 times
We are particularly proud of the improvements to our cost-based optimizer, which dramatically improves performance on analytical queries. In 1.5, we have combined industry standards like SQL and ACID compliance with a modern scale-out architecture – giving businesses the ability to power real-time applications and analytics in a single, database platform.