Hear Splice Machine CEO Monte Zweben at NoSQL! Now
August 11, 2015
We are excited to share that our CEO and co-founder of Splice Machine, Monte Zweben, will be speaking at the fifth annual NoSQL Now! 2015 conference & expo, the largest vendor-neutral forum focused on NoSQL (Not Only SQL) technologies, coming up this August 18-20,, 2015, in San Jose, CA. The conference will feature 80 world-class educational sessions, 100+ expert speakers, 30+ leading technology vendors, and approximately 1,000 attendees.
The session, titled, “On the Path to Nirvana: Supporting OLTP and OLAP on Hadoop,” will take place Tuesday, August 18th, from 3:00pm – 3:45pm PST.”
Hadoop, Hive and HBase all laid the groundwork for a scalable storage system to power applications and analytics. Zweben’s talk at NoSQL Now! will compare and contrast four architectures that bring us closer to Hadoop “Nirvana,” where you have the operational/OLTP behavior of HBase with the SQL support necessary for OLAP.
The architectures include:
• A traditional Hadoop/Hive/HBase environment
• Apache Spark operating on Apache HBase
• Apache Phoenix, a “SQL layer on HBase”
• Splice Machine, a Hadoop RDBMS built on Apache Derby, Apache HBase, and Apache Spark
These systems will be compared along performance metrics for both OLTP and OLAP benchmarks. Some will not be able to even compute the benchmarks and some will be orders of magnitudes faster. We will provide guidelines on when to use which architecture based on use cases and the desired OLTP and OLAP performance criteria.
At NoSQL Now!, the educational agenda is designed to help attendees:
• Learn how to create scalable, high-performance data-centric systems
• Evaluate the alternative NoSQL database architectures and design patterns
• Discover new technology choices for Big Data analytics, transaction processing, integration and search
• Match NoSQL capabilities to your business requirements
• Compare vendor approaches and products
• Assess the enterprise-readiness of NoSQL technologies
Splice Machine, provider of The Hadoop RDBMS, will be exhibiting at the conference at booth 207. If you are interested in setting up a meeting with folks from Splice Machine at the conference, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in attending but you have not yet registered, you can get a 20% off full-access pass or a free exhibitor pass by using coupon code: SPLICEMACHINE when you register.
We hope to see you out there!
Read more information about “On the Path to Nirvana: Supporting OLTP and OLAP on Hadoop” on the NoSQL Now! 2015 agenda.