We’re Looking for Best and Brightest in Big Data. Do You Have What It Takes?
January 3, 2012
The Big Data world is growing and changing everyday. We’re looking for the best and brightest engineering talent to join Splice Machine as part of our expanding team here in San Francisco.
At Splice Machine, we are tackling the hardest problems in distributed computing and computer science by extending technologies initially conceived at Google and Facebook and making them available to the masses.
Your mission will be to build the platforms to power the next generation of apps that scale to new heights. These platforms will be fast, available, scalable and engineered to withstand high demand.
Splice Machine’s initial product is a massively scalable SQL Engine for Big Data applications. The Splice SQL Engine delivers the scalability of what NoSQL databases strive to deliver, while providing the secondary indices, joins, and transactions that are critical for Big Data applications. Customers will use Splice Machine to unlock the insights in Big Data and make it operationally actionable in a variety of industries including healthcare, energy, finance, and e-commerce.
We are looking for top-notch computer scientists who want to tackle hardcore distributed computing and database challenges. Qualifications include:
- Strong foundation in distributed computing such as distributed operating systems and file systems
- Strong foundation in databases, including secondary indices, query optimization, joins, and transactions
- Experience with HBase and the Hadoop stack (e.g., Map Reduce, HDFS, Yarn, ZooKeeper) is a plus
- Projects and/or work experience modifying source code for HBase and the Hadoop stack is a major plus
- Knowledge of Google technologies (e.g., Tenzing, Dremel, Spanner, Percolator, MegaStore, BigTable)
Splice Machine is located in the thriving startup neighborhood of South of Market (SOMA) in San Francisco, home to Twitter, Zynga, Yelp, Dropbox and Github. Our Company consists of a veteran industry team, including CEO Monte Zweben, a successful serial entrepreneur (Red Pepper – sold to PeopleSoft, Blue Martini – IPO’d in 2000). Additionally, Splice Machine is well funded by Mohr Davidow, a top-tier VC firm in Silicon Valley.
Do you want to make a difference in the Big Data space? If so, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you soon!